After I was diagnosed with celiac disease, my dear friend Kristin found a gluten free peanut butter cookie recipe for me. We both changed the ingredients a bit to come up with these. Although my family doesn’t have to eat gluten free, these are some of their favorite cookies. At first, you won’t believe the cookies will work with no flour! But these bake into the most amazing soft peanut butter cookies you’ll ever have, with or without chocolate kisses.
At the time of publication, Hershey’s is labeling their gluten free products. The label is easy to spot on the back of the back panel. YAY for Hershey’s! They also keep a list of other gluten free products on their website here.
The Hershey’s kisses are optional, and these cookies are phenomenal even without them!
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp baking soda
- Optional: Hershey Kisses
- ***check all ingredient packaging for gluten free labels**
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Put all ingredients in one bowl and mix well until everything is blended and texture is smooth.
- Drop onto lined cookie sheet in one inch balls.
- Dip fork into sugar and press a cross pattern into cookies.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes.
- Press Hershey kiss lightly into cookie.
- Let cool one more hour before eating.
Want more gluten free recipes? Sign up for the newsletter below!